Finance Committee Member
First appointed to the Board in 2020
Qualifications and business
- MSc Professional Accountancy, University of London
- Advanced Programme in Taxation, Unisa
- Honours Bachelor of Accounting Science, Unisa
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce, Unisa
- Bachelor of Commerce, Unisa
- Affiliate of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) 2018
- Member of South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) 2011
- Member of Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) 2009
- Part-time lecturer for IBTC in Johannesburg, South Africa since March 2011 and Varsity College in Johannesburg
- Currently Financial Controller – Agora Limited
- HIllview International School
Links to the school
I am a parent with one child currently in Key Stage 1.
Why I became a governor
According to the English writer, GK Chesterton, education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another. I see Hillview within three interrelated and dependent components:
- To offer the highest quality of complete education (teachers, academics, facility, sports, culture);
- For parents to be a true value for money (affordable within the context of private education); and
- For the school to be sustainable in the long-term (positive surpluses annually, future development and expansion).
A weakness in one will collapse the total system and we must ensure that this will not happen. I want to be part of that team to safeguard this not just for my child or yours, but for future generations after this so that the “soul of education” will pass from one generation to another.