Take a look at our Primary Art & Design subject curriculum:
In Reception, art is a part of our classroom activities, rather than a specialist lesson. We do anything that relates to literacy themes, number work, or other school calendar events. We try to expose the children to different media, and practise the skills of cutting, sticking and painting.
- Drawing by combing line and then shape.
- Painting and mixing colours to make new colours.
- Cutting, sticking and sculpting with clay.
Race to space
- Step-by-step drawing
- Learning about texture
- Geometric and organic shapes
- Kensuke’s Kingdom
- Katushuika Hokusai’s – “The great wave off Kanagwa”
History of Art
- Famous artists
- Da Vinci
- The Renaissance
- Painting (The Sistine Chapel, Raphael’s Cherubs)
- Sculpture (The David)
- Sketching (Da Vinci’s sketches)