Hillview International School is seeking to appoint an experienced Admissions Registrar & Marketing Administrator. The postholder will take an active role in developing and digitising the Admissions process. The Registrar will have responsibility for the management of all elements of the pupil recruitment process from the initial enquiry all the way through to admission and induction. The successful application will be a key public face of the school providing excellent customer service to all stakeholders including prospective students, parents, agents and feeder schools. The postholder would take a lead on school marketing, developing our social media profile, ensuring school publication documents are professionally created and publishing our newsletters.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent communication, IT and administrative skills as well as an ability to work effectively under pressure. Previous experience of working within the school sector would be an advantage.
This role is full-time, working 7:00 – 4:00 Monday to Friday plus the occasional evening and weekend day for Open Days and other School Events. This role is also an administrative position which attracts 21 days paid leave per annum. Some of this leave is to be taken during school shutdown periods in December and July.
- Delivery of the admissions objectives as part of the wider marketing and admissions strategy
- Responsible for all admissions procedures and ensuring frequent liaison with the School Office and the School Heads regarding offers and acceptances of places
- Manage the admissions systems and make recommendations to improve processes and efficiency
- Work closely with the School Heads to achieve the admission numbers target year-on-year
- Operate an effective process to manage and maintain entry and waiting lists
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of feeder and competitor schools
- Research and establish contact with new feeder schools, including Head-to-Head contacts
- Organise and coordinate all open days, school tours, and entrance exams, capturing these on the database and following up effectively
- Ensure all incoming enquiries by phone, email, visits, and brochure requests are managed in an efficient, professional, friendly and timely manner
- Responsible for organising all communications with new parents, dealing effectively with any enquiries and sending out induction packs to new students
- Oversee all internal events for prospective parents to ensure that these are delivered in an appropriately professional and effective manner in alignment with the Hillview brand and values
- Ensure the maintenance of information regarding admissions on the school website and on marketing materials
- Maintain regular and personal contact, utilising data logging to keep track of all contact with our current feeder schools and attend events as appropriate
- Administer all registrations, offers, reference requests, acceptances, and deposit payments.
- Keep accurate and up to date records of new admissions, places available, waiting lists, registrations and offers across all year groups
- Maintain a database for leavers
- Liaise with all new parents to ensure a smooth entry to Hillview International School
- Request reports and records including Child Protection Records from existing schools
- To manage the School’s social media accounts in order to raise the school profile and market effectively
- To liaise with staff in order to create regular School newsletters
- To create key publications (such as a School Prospectus & IGCSE Options Booklet)
- To undertake such other duties as the Head may reasonably request.
- To support the school administration team as necessary.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Strong working knowledge of school admissions and can demonstrate a successful track record within a similar role
- A genuine interest in working within the education sector with experience working in the international school sector desirable
- Highly competent in the use of IT – familiarity with Google Workspace would be advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Can quickly build rapport with a diverse group of stakeholders demonstrating an engaging, warm and approachable manner
- A self-starter who works well independently without the need for direct supervision
- Demonstrates high work standards together with an excellent eye for detail
- An organised approach with excellent time management
How to apply
Please send the following to email@example.com
- A cover letter, briefly outlining your relevant skills and experience
- CV (not more than 2 pages), including contact details of three referees, one of which should be your current employer.
Hillview International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and will require relevant police clearance certificates.